Your options

New accounts in Sharon Power Choice will be automatically enrolled in the Sharon Power Choice Standard offering. You will receive an additional 20% of your electricity from clean, renewable sources like the sun and the wind, over and above the minimum amount required by state law, for a total of 38% renewable electricity from New England (MA Class I RECs). Two additional options are available by request:

  • If you want all of your electricity from clean, renewable sources (100% MA Class I RECs), choose the Sharon Power Choice Green option.
  • If you do not want any additional renewable electricity beyond the minimum amount required by state law, choose the Sharon Power Choice Basic option.

Electricity supplier: If you participate in Sharon Power Choice, you will see Constellation listed on your electricity bill as your electricity supplier. Learn more about how the program will appear on your Eversource or National Grid bill.

Electricity mix: The program’s electricity supplier is required to provide an energy mix disclosure label that offers details about all of the sources of electricity provided. Check back for a link to the label.

Compare prices: Use the tables below to compare Sharon Power Choice prices with Eversource’s and National Grid’s current 6-month Basic Service price (at the bottom), or use the online calculator to compare Sharon Power Choice prices with the most recent 12-month average utility Basic Service prices.

Sharon Power Choice Standard

11.586 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term March 2021 – January 2024 meter reads
Renewable energy content Includes an additional 20% from renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the 18% minimum required by the state for 2021, for a total of 38% renewable energy from New England (MA Class I RECs).
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to Sharon Power Choice Standard

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

Sharon Power Choice Green

14.275 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term March 2021 – January 2024 meter reads
Renewable energy content 100% from renewable energy projects in New England (MA Class I RECs).
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to Sharon Power Choice Green

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

Sharon Power Choice Basic

10.730 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term March 2021 – January 2024 meter reads
Renewable energy content Includes the minimum amount of renewable energy from New England required by state law (18% MA Class I RECs in 2021).
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to Sharon Power Choice Basic

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

* NOTE: Sharon Power Choice prices include a $0.001 /kWh administration fee and a $0.001 /kWh operational fee to support Town energy staff. Program prices could increase as a result of a change in law that results in a direct, material increase in costs during the term of the electricity supply agreement. Program prices apply only to the electricity supply portion of your utility electricity bill. Delivery charges on your electricity bill are not affected by your participation in Sharon Power Choice.

EVERSOURCE’S BASIC SERVICE

10.753 ¢/kWh residential
9.850 ¢/kWh small business
8.794 ¢/kWh large business
Price term July 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, for residential and small business accounts. July 1, 2021 –  September 30, 2021, for large business accounts.

Eversource’s fixed Basic Service rates change every 6 months for residential and small business accounts and every 3 months for large business accounts.

Renewable energy content Includes the minimum amount of renewable energy from New England required by state law (18% MA Class I RECs in 2021).
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge. However, large C&I (rates G-3, T-2, and WR) and street lighting customers on the fixed-price Basic Service option may receive a billing adjustment, which may be either a credit or a charge.

 

NATIONAL GRID’S BASIC SERVICE:

9.707 ¢/kWh residential
8.440 ¢/kWh commercial
8.908 ¢/kWh industrial
Price term May 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 for residential and commercial accounts. August 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 for industrial accounts.

National Grid’s fixed Basic Service rates change every 6 months for residential and small business accounts and every 3 months for medium and large business accounts. View the most up-to-date Basic Service rates.

Renewable energy content Includes the minimum amount of including clean, renewable electricity required by Massachusetts law (18% in 2021).
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge. However, industrial customers only (rates G-2 and G-3) on the fixed price Basic Service option may receive a billing adjustment, which may be either a credit or a charge.