Your options

Program news

Lexington’s Community Choice Program will offer new prices starting in January with lower prices for most participants. The changes will be effective with the start of a new 36-month electricity supply contract with Constellation, which will take effect as the current contract with Constellation ends, and will provide 3 years of electricity price stability. No action is required from electricity customers currently enrolled in Lexington’s Community Choice Program. All active program participants will be automatically enrolled into the new contract with Constellation with their December 2020 meter read, and they will be enrolled in the same program option they have in the current Constellation contract.

Check back for the complete announcement from Lexington.

All new Eversource electricity accounts will be automatically enrolled in the 100% Green option and will receive 100% renewable electricity, unless they choose a different option or opt out of the program. 100% Green includes 5% from renewable energy projects in New England in addition to the minimum amount required by state law.

  • If you want 100% renewable energy all from New England-based renewable energy projects, choose New England Green.
  • If you do not want 100% renewable energy, choose Basic.

Electricity supplier: If you participate in Lexington’s Community Choice Program, you will see Constellation listed on your Eversource electricity bill as your electricity supplier.

Electricity mix: The program’s electricity supplier is required to provide an energy mix disclosure label that offers details about all of the sources of electricity provided. Visit the Resources page to download the most recent label.

Compare prices: Use the tables below to compare Lexington’s Community Choice Program prices with Eversource’s current 6-month Basic Service price (at the bottom), or use the online calculator to compare with Eversource’s most recent 12-month average price.

11.624 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

NEW! 10.80 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term December 2018 – December 2020 meter reads December 2020 – December 2023 meter reads
Renewable energy content 100% renewable energy. Includes 5% from renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the 16% minimum required by the state for 2020 for a total of 21% renewable energy. The remainder is from wind projects outside of Massachusetts. 100% renewable energy. Includes 20% from renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the 18% minimum required by the state for 2021 for a total of 38% renewable energy. The remainder is from wind projects outside of Massachusetts.
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to 100% Green

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

12.428 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

NEW! 13.219 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term December 2018 – December 2020 meter reads December 2020 – December 2023 meter reads
Renewable energy content 100% renewable energy, all from renewable energy projects located in New England. 100% renewable energy, all from renewable energy projects located in New England.
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to New England Green

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

11.494 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

NEW! 9.935 ¢/kWh*

for residential, small business, and large business accounts

Price term December 2018 – December 2020 meter reads December 2020 – December 2023 meter reads
Renewable energy content Provides the minimum amount of renewable energy required by the state, which is 16% in 2020. Provides the minimum amount of renewable energy required by the state, which is 18% in 2021.
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge.

Change to Basic

Not yet part of the program? Learn about enrolling.

* NOTE: Prices for 100% Green, New England Green, and Basic include a $0.001 /kWh administration fee. Program prices could increase as a result of a change in law that results in a direct, material increase in costs during the term of the electricity supply agreement. Program prices apply only to the electricity supply portion of your Eversource electric bill. Delivery charges on your Eversource electric bill are not affected by your participation in Lexington’s Community Choice Program.

 

EVERSOURCE’S BASIC SERVICE 9.877 ¢/kWh residential
9.460 ¢/kWh small business
9.923 ¢/kWh large business
11.882 ¢/kWh residential
11.173 ¢/kWh small business
11.423 ¢/kWh large business
Price term July 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 for residential and small business accounts. October 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 for large business accounts.

Eversource’s fixed Basic Service rates change every 6 months for residential and small business accounts and every 3 months for large business accounts.

January 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021 for residential and small business accounts. January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021 for large business accounts.

Eversource’s fixed Basic Service rates change every 6 months for residential and small business accounts and every 3 months for large business accounts.

Renewable energy content Provides the minimum amount of renewable energy required by the state, which is 16% in 2020. Provides the minimum amount of renewable energy required by the state, which is 18% in 2021.
Exit terms Leave any time. No exit charge. However, large C&I (rates G-3, T-2, and WR) and street lighting customers on the fixed-price Basic Service option may receive a billing adjustment, which may be either a credit or a charge.