Foxborough Power Forward
Welcome to Foxborough Power Forward, the Town of Foxborough’s municipal electricity aggregation program.
Electricity aggregation is a form of group purchasing in which a city or town selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the electricity supply charges on your National Grid bill. Foxborough developed the program as a way to provide price stability and the potential for cost savings to the community. However, savings cannot be guaranteed.
All new National Grid Basic Service customers in Foxborough will be automatically enrolled in Foxborough Power Forward unless they choose not to participate, which is known as opting out.
- If you participate: National Grid will continue to deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and bill you, but they will not be your electricity supplier. Instead, Foxborough will choose your electricity supplier. Your National Grid electricity bill will use the program price to calculate the Supplier Services portion of your bill instead of National Grid’s Basic Service price. Delivery charges will be unaffected by this program.
- If you do not participate: National Grid will be your electricity supplier. This is known as National Grid Basic Service.
Foxborough Power Forward offers participants two options:
- Power Foward Standard: This is the default option. All program participants are automatically enrolled in Power Forward Standard. Like National Grid’s Basic Service, Power Forward Standard meets the minimum Massachusetts requirements for integrating renewable energy.
- Power Forward Green: This option allows you to make your electricity 100% green with a focus on locally produced renewable energy. Power Forward Green includes 20% from new renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the minimum amount required by Massachusetts law.
The program has the potential to provide savings when compared with National Grid’s Basic Service price, but savings cannot be guaranteed. National Grid residential and commercial prices change every 6 months, and industrial prices change every 3 months. Future prices are not known. As a result, the program price will likely not always be below the National Grid Basic Service Price.
The program offers two new alternatives to National Grid Basic Service: Power Forward Standard and, for those who wish to make a more significant commitment to renewable energy, Power Forward Green, which is 100% green. Learn more about the pricing and energy mix for each option.
Foxborough’s long-term contract price protects you from seasonal price changes in National Grid’s Basic Service prices. All program terms are public, and there are no hidden costs..
Your relationship with National Grid
Your primary relationship for electricity will be with National Grid. Participating in Foxborough Power Forward impacts only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your National Grid bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see the program’s current electricity supplier listed as your electricity supplier, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your bill will come from National Grid.
- You will send bill payments to National Grid.
- You will call National Grid if your power goes out.
If you are on a budget plan or are eligible for a low-income delivery rate or fuel assistance, you continue to receive those benefits as a participant in Foxborough Power Forward.
How to join the program
New in town? New Foxborough residents who become National Grid Basic Service customers are eligible to participate in the program. You will receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out. If you do not opt out, you will be automatically enrolled. As an alternative to waiting for this process, contact customer support for more information about enrolling directly.
Adding an electricity account? You will receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out for that account. If you do not opt out, your new electricity account will be automatically enrolled in the program. As an alternative to waiting for this process, contact customer support for more information about enrolling directly.
Have a contract with a different electricity supplier? You will not automatically be enrolled, but you may participate in the program if you wish. We recommend that you carefully check the terms and conditions of your supplier agreement. Your ability to terminate your agreement with your supplier may be restricted. If you decide to join the program, contact the program’s current electricity supplier and ask to join. The phone number is available on the customer support page.