Acton Power Choice
Welcome to the Acton Power Choice program, a Town electricity program that increases the amount of renewable energy in your electricity and provides price stability and a consumer-friendly alternative to other electricity offers in the marketplace.
The program is an electricity aggregation, a form of group purchasing in which the town uses the bulk buying power of the entire community to negotiate an electricity supply price for everyone. With the Acton Power Choice program, Eversource will continue to deliver electricity to Acton, but the Town will now use a competitive bid process to choose its own electricity supplier.
Acton has a contract with Dynegy that will be in effect until September 2019 meter reads.
Please note: Eversource’s Basic Service price changes every 6 months for residential and small business customers and every 3 months for large business customers. Future prices cannot be known. As a result, savings cannot be guaranteed compared to Eversource’s Basic Service price.
New clean-energy choices
The program offers two cleaner-energy alternatives to Eversource Basic Service and to electricity supply offers in the marketplace:
- Power Choice Standard: The default offering. Includes an additional 5% renewable electricity generated by projects in New England (Massachusetts Class I RECs), over and above the minimum required by the state. New Eversource Basic Service customers in Acton will be automatically enrolled in Power Choice Standard.
- Power Choice Green: A 100% renewable energy option, all generated by renewable energy projects located in New England (100% Massachusetts Class I RECs). You may upgrade to Power Choice Green by calling Dynegy at 1-866-220-5696.
Participating in the program
As provided by state law, all new Eversource Basic Service customers will be automatically enrolled in the Acton Power Choice program, unless they choose not to participate.
If you already have an agreement with an electricity supplier, you will not be automatically enrolled, but you can join the program with a phone call. To join, call Dynegy at 1-866-220-5696 and ask to be enrolled.
If you participate, you will see two changes on your Eversource electricity bill:
- Dynegy will be listed as your electricity supplier
- The program price will be used to calculate the supplier services portion of your bill.
Otherwise, your primary relationship for electricity will remain with Eversource. This means:
- You will continue to receive one bill from Eversource
- You will continue to call Eversource if your power goes out. Eversource will continue to deliver electricity, restore service after an outage, and maintain the poles and wires.
- If you receive net metering credits on your Eversource bill from solar panels, those will continue to be calculated on the Eversource Basic Service rate, not on the program rate.
- If you are eligible for a low-income discount, you will continue to receive that discount.
If you do not wish to participate
You may opt out of the program before being automatically enrolled or any time after enrollment with no penalty. If you choose to opt out, Eversource will be your electricity supplier, and the supplier portion of your electric bill will remain on the Eversource Basic Service rate.
You may opt out online or by calling Dynegy at 1-866-220-5696.