Walpole Power Choice
Welcome to the Walpole Power Choice program, a municipal electricity aggregation program.
Electricity aggregation is a form of group purchasing in which a city or town uses the bulk purchasing power of the entire community to negotiate the best price possible for everyone for the electricity supply portion of your Eversource electric bill.
Under this program, Eversource will continue to deliver electricity Walpole, but Walpole will now use a competitive bid process to choose its own electricity supplier. To launch the program, Walpole has signed an 18-month contract with Agera Energy that runs from July 2017 to January 2019. Your electricity supply price will not change before January 2019.
New electricity supply choices
The program offers two new alternatives to Eversource Basic Service:
- Power Choice Standard: This is the default option. All new program participants will be automatically enrolled in Power Choice Standard. Like Eversource Basic Service, Power Choice Standard meets minimum state requirements for integrating renewable energy.
- Power Choice Green: This option gives you 100% renewable energy, all from renewable energy projects in New England. You may choose this option by calling Agera Energy at 1-888-593-4225 and requesting it.
Participating in the program
All Eversource Basic Service customers will be automatically enrolled in the Walpole Power Choice program with their July 2017 meter read, unless they choose not to participate.
If you already have an agreement with an electricity supplier, you will not be automatically enrolled, but you can join the program with a phone call. To join, call Agera Energy at 1-888-593-4225 and ask to be enrolled.
If you participate, the program price will apply to your electricity use beginning in July 2017, and you will see two changes on your Eversource electric bill beginning in August 2017:
- Agera Energy will be listed as your electricity supplier
- The program price will be used to calculate the supplier services portion of your bill.
Otherwise, your primary relationship for electricity will remain with Eversource. This means:
- You will continue to receive one bill from Eversource
- You will continue to call Eversource if your power goes out. Eversource will continue to deliver electricity, restore service after an outage, and maintain the poles and wires.
- If you receive net metering credits on your Eversource bill from solar panels, those will continue to be calculated on the Eversource Basic Service rate, not on the program rate.
- If you are eligible for a low-income discount, you will continue to receive that discount.
If you do not wish to participate
You may opt out of the program before being automatically enrolled or any time after enrollment with no penalty. If you choose to opt out, Eversource will continue to be your electricity supplier, and the supplier portion of your electric bill will remain on the Eversource Basic Service rate.
You may opt out online or by calling Agera Energy at 1-888-593-4225.