Natick Electricity Aggregation Program
Welcome to the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program, a Town electricity program that gives Natick residents and businesses an electricity supply alternative to Eversource, while also helping to support the Town’s sustainability efforts.
The program is an electricity aggregation. Electricity aggregation is a form of group purchasing in which a city or town selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the electricity supply charges on your Eversource bill. Natick developed the program as a way to provide price stability and cost savings to the community.
Natick has negotiated a 6-month contract with NextEra Energy Services Massachusetts, LLC, for 12.242 ¢/kWh.
If you are already participating in Natick’s aggregation (NextEra Energy is listed as your supplier on your electric bill), your account will be automatically enrolled under the Town’s new contract with NextEra Energy Services, unless you opt out.
- If you participate: Eversource will deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and bill you, but they will not be your electricity supplier. Instead, Natick will choose your electricity supplier. Your Eversource bill will show the program rate as your electricity supply rate. Delivery charges will be unaffected by this program.
- If you do not participate: You will be placed on Eversource Basic Service, and Eversource will be your electricity supplier.
All new Eversource Basic Service customers in Natick are automatically enrolled in the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program unless they choose not to participate, or opt out.
If you opted out of the program under the previous electricity supply contract, but you would like to rejoin the program under the new contract, you may opt back in by calling NextEra Energy Services at 1-855-639-8197.
The Natick Electricity Aggregation Program offers participants two options:
- Standard Green: This is the default option. It includes an additional 5% renewable energy from renewable energy projects in New England, above and beyond the minimum amount required by the state. Standard Green is available for 12.242 ¢/kWh*. All program participants are automatically enrolled in Standard Green.
- Natick Basic: This option is for those who do not want any additional renewable energy in their electricity supply. Natick Basic includes only the minimum amount of renewable energy required by the state. Natick Basic is available for 12.142 ¢/kWh*. To choose Natick Basic, contact NextEra Energy Services at 1-855-639-8197.
*Prices include a 0.1¢/kWh administration fee.
Natick has negotiated an electricity supply price that is below the 6-month Eversource price that runs from January 2018 through July 2018. Program participants can be assured of savings for the duration of this contract because neither the contract price nor Eversource pricing will change during the contract period.
The program offers two alternatives to Eversource Basic Service: Standard Green, which includes a small amount of additional renewable energy, and for those who prefer not to have any additional renewable energy, Natick Basic. Learn more about the pricing and energy mix for each option.
Natick has negotiated a contract with NextEra Energy Service through a public RFP process. All program terms are public, and there are no hidden costs. You will receive a fixed rate for the duration of the current contract, which goes until July 2018 meter reads. You may leave the program at any time with no penalty.
Your relationship with Eversource
Your primary relationship for electricity will be with Eversource. Participating in the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program changes only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see printed as a line item for supply services, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your electric bill will come from Eversource.
- You will send bill payments to Eversource.
- You will call Eversource if your power goes out.
If you are eligible for a low-income delivery rate or fuel assistance, you continue to receive those benefits as a participant in the Natick Electricity Aggregation Program.
How to join the program
All metered electricity customers within the geographic boundaries of Natick are eligible to participate. All new Eversource Basic Service customers, including both residents and businesses, are automatically enrolled in the program.
New in town? New Natick residents who become Eversource Basic Service customers are automatically enrolled in the program. You should receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out at any time. You may contact the program electricity supplier, NextEra Energy Services directly at 1-855-639-8197 to opt out.
Adding an electricity account? Your account will be automatically enrolled in the program. You will also receive a letter in the mail explaining the program and your right to opt out for that account.
Have a contract with a different electricity supplier? You will not be automatically enrolled in the program, but you are welcome to join. Before joining, we recommend that you carefully check the terms and conditions of your supplier agreement. Your ability to terminate your agreement with your supplier may be restricted. If you wish to join, contact the program electricity supplier, NextEra Energy Services, at 1-855-639-8197 and ask to join.
Previously opted out and want to rejoin the program? If you opted out under any of the previous electricity supply contracts, you will not be automatically re-enrolled in the program under the new contract and pricing with NextEra Energy Services. However, you may rejoin the program to take advantage of the new, lower program price. To opt back in to the program, contact NextEra Energy Services directly at 1-855-639-8197.