Options & Pricing
Your options are as follows:
- If you do nothing, you will be automatically enrolled in PowerChoice Standard, which offers the lowest price within the program. Like National Grid Basic Service, PowerChoice Standard meets state minimum requirements for renewable energy. The majority of the electricity in PowerChoice Standard comes from traditional energy sources such as natural gas, coal, and nuclear.
- If you want 100% green energy, you may choose PowerChoice Green for a small premium.
- If you do not want to participate and you choose to opt out, you will remain on National Grid Basic Service.
- If you would like to leave your current electricity supplier and participate in Nantucket PowerChoice, please call Agera Energy at 1-855-973-2788.
Program prices are in effect from March 2017 meter reads – March 2018 meter reads. These prices apply only to the electricity supply portion of your bill. Delivery charges are unaffected by the Nantucket PowerChoice program.
|Automatic enrollment: PowerChoice Standard||Optional: PowerChoice Green||If you opt out: National Grid’s Basic Service|
|Enrollment||If you do nothing, you will be automatically enrolled
in PowerChoice Standard.
|To upgrade to PowerChoice Green, call Agera Energy at
|If you opt out, you will remain on National Grid’s Basic Service.|
|Renewable Energy Content||Meets Massachusetts renewable energy requirements.||100% green energy, including an additional 20% from new renewable energy projects in New England, in addition to the 12% required by Massachusetts law.**||Meets Massachusetts renewable energy requirements.|
|Rate Term||March 2017 meter read – March 2018 meter read||March 2017 meter read – March 2018 meter read||May 1, 2017 – October 31, 2017 ***|
|Residential||9.03 ¢/kWh*||9.576 ¢/kWh*||9.432 ¢/kWh|
|Commercial||9.03 ¢/kWh*||9.576 ¢/kWh*||8.791 ¢/kWh|
|Industrial||9.03 ¢/kWh*||9.576 ¢/kWh*||7.727 ¢/kWh (May 1, 2017 – July 31, 2017 ***)|
|Exit Terms||Leave any time. No exit charge.||Leave any time. No exit charge.||Leave any time. No exit charge. (Except for medium and large business accounts on National Grid delivery rates G-2 and G-3.)|
* Prices may increase by 0.1 ¢/kWh to support community solar projects on Nantucket.
** New renewable energy projects are those projects that came into commercial operation after January 1, 1998.
*** National Grid’s fixed Basic Service prices change every six (6) months for residential and small business accounts and every three (3) months for medium and large business accounts. They will next change on November 1, 2017, for residential and commercial pricing, and on August 1, 2017, for industrial pricing.