Greenfield Light & Power Program
Welcome to the Greenfield Light & Power program, a Town electricity program designed to make 100% green energy available to Town residents and businesses cost effectively, while also offering stable, predictable pricing for electricity supply.
The program is an electricity aggregation. Allowed by Massachusetts law, electricity aggregation a form of group purchasing in which a town or city selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the supply charges on your Eversource bill.
All Eversource Basic Service customers in Greenfield are automatically enrolled in Greenfield Light & Power unless they choose not to participate, which is known as opting out.
- If you participate: Eversource will deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and send you a bill, but Greenfield will choose your electricity supplier. Your Eversource bill will show the program price as your electricity supply price.
- If you choose not to participate: Eversource will continue to be your electricity supplier. This is known as Eversource Basic Service.
Greenfield Light & Power delivers 100% green energy. Participants have access to two 100%-green options:
- The Standard Offering: The is the default option. The Standard Offering gives you 100% green energy from a mix of sources. Program participants are automatically enrolled in the Standard Offering.
- The Greener Option: This option allows you to make your electricity 100% green plus focus on locally produced renewable energy. Specifically, the Greener Option increases the amount of electricity from new renewable energy projects in New England from the minimum 12% required by the state in 2017 to 32%. (“New” renewable energy projects came into operation in 1998 or after.) To choose the Greener Option, call Public Power at 1-800-830-2944.
100% green energy
As a program participant, your electricity will be powered by 100% green energy.
The program gives you two alternatives to Eversource Basic Service that give you control over the price and environmental characteristics of your electricity supply.
There are no hidden costs. Electricity prices are fixed by contract, known in advance, and posted. (Eversource prices change twice a year or more, depending on rate class.)
Your relationship with Eversource
As a program participant, your primary relationship for electricity is with Eversource. Participating in Greenfield Light & Power changes only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see Public Power, LLC, printed as a line item for supply services, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your bill will come from Eversource.
- You will send bill payments to Eversource.
- You will call Eversource if your power goes out.
- If you are eligible for a low-income delivery rate or fuel assistance, you will continue to receive those benefits as a participant in Greenfield Light & Power.