Greenfield Light & Power Program
Welcome to the Greenfield Light & Power program, a Town electricity program designed to make 100% renewable energy available to Town residents and businesses cost effectively, while also offering stable, predictable pricing for electricity supply.
The program is an electricity aggregation. Allowed by Massachusetts law, electricity aggregation a form of group purchasing in which a town or city selects an electricity supplier on behalf of its residents and businesses. The program impacts the supply charges on your Eversource bill.
All Eversource Basic Service customers in Greenfield are automatically enrolled in Greenfield Light & Power unless they choose not to participate, which is known as opting out.
- If you participate: You will receive 100% renewable electricity. Eversource will deliver your electricity, fix power outages, and send you a bill, but Greenfield will choose your electricity supplier. Your Eversource bill will show Public Power as your electricity supplier, and it will show the program price as your electricity supply price.
- If you choose not to participate: Eversource will continue to be your electricity supplier. This is known as Eversource Basic Service.
100% green energy
As a program participant, your electricity will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
The program provides an alternative to Eversource Basic Service and to other electricity supply offers in the marketplace.
The program is a Town-vetted option with no hidden fees. You may opt out at any time with no penalty. All program terms are public. Electricity prices are fixed by contract, known in advance, and posted.
Your relationship with Eversource
As a program participant, your primary relationship for electricity is with Eversource. Participating in Greenfield Light & Power changes only your electricity supplier and the rate you are charged for the electricity supply portion of your bill. Beginning with your first bill after program enrollment, you will see Public Power, LLC, printed as a line item for supply services, and you will see the program rate for your electricity supply rate. Otherwise:
- Your bill will come from Eversource.
- You will send bill payments to Eversource.
- You will call Eversource if your power goes out.
- If you are eligible for a low-income discount or fuel assistance, you will continue to receive those benefits as a participant in Greenfield Light & Power.